- 1 pack feeds 6 people.
- left-over batter can be frozen
- recipe is on the back of your flour pack
- what you need: 1L buttermilk; 120g butter; 4 eggs.
Ingredients: organic wheat flour; organic buckwheat flour; organic baking powder; organic bicarbonate of soda; sugar; salt. 575g.
Allergens: this product is packed in an environment that handles nuts, gluten and dairy.
Use a thick bottomed pan or griddle & bake at low-medium heat. Use a large tablespoon or small ladle to scoop batter onto a buttered or oiled pan. Flip after 6 minutes (or when edges solidify). Overall, expect pancakes to be ready after 12-15 minutes.
- Instead of a whisk, use a spatula to gently fold the ingredients and always under-mix! You still want to see some of the egg white and butter dotted around.
- Separating your eggs, and whipping the whites really does add to the fluffiness of your pancakes
- And, if you are the sort of person who plans ahead, the batter is best when left overnight in the fridge. It can be used up to 48 hours during which it’s flavour will develop.
- Take out of fridge about 30 minutes before baking.